Textile and fashion curator
Deadline: May 31, 2017
MILL6 Foundation ('MILL6') seeks a curator with substantial experience in modern and contemporary Asia Pacific textile and fashion and organizing exhibitions.
About the Post
The Textile and Fashion Curator will play a role in organizing thoughtful and attractive programs for broader audience.
- Work with Co-Directors and MILL6 curatorial team to establish the direction, goals in collection and programing of exhibition and other related events.
- Following MILL6 Collection policy, strategize the way of contextualize and expanding collection.
- Focusing on Hong Kong textile industrial history, organize the exhibitions and events that offer fresh lens of experiencing and appreciating textile and fashion especially in Asia Pacific region.
- Organize exhibitions to introduce innovative creativities of textile and fashion in Asia Pacific to local and international audience.
- Build and expand the international network with other textile and fashion related cultural and research institution.
- Collaborate with learning and community curators to offer friendly ways of communicating the concept of exhibitions.
- The curator will serve to build credibility as non-profit art and culture organization of MILL6 through research, presentation, programing, writing and other pertinent activities.
- Have substantial (more than 3 years) experience working with institutions with collections of textile and fashion and organizing installations and exhibitions, including nationally and internationally travelling shows
- Have sufficient knowledge Asia Pacific textile and fashion of 1940s onward.
- Be open to challenge to provide a new perspective in looking at textile and fashion across disciplines
- Have Master degree or above in art history or cultural studies, and a specialty in fashion and textiles
- Be a good communication with different parties and negotiator with patient
- Be fluent in written and spoken in English. Language in Mandarin/Cantonese is preferable but not a must.
- Flexibility for being required to work in off hours, weekend and public holiday from time to time as deemed necessary.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Qualified candidates should email their cover letter, CV, expected salary and names of 2 references with contact information to email@example.com by May 31, 2017.