Senior Communications Officer
Deadline: Wed 2 Aug, 2017
About the Post
Reporting to the Co-directors of MILL6 Foundation (“MILL6”) and the Head of Branding and Communications, the Senior Communications Officer will be responsible in managing, organizing and creating content consistent with MILL6 marketing and communications strategy and supervise all forms of communications to external press, public, members, donors and strategic partners and collaborators.
The Senior Communications Officer will be expected to work with the MILL6 senior management team to:
- Establish, implement and measure the success of the overall communications strategy of MILL6; and
- Create and generate proprietary communications content consistent with MILL6’s mission and brand identity to reach the relevant target audience which includes both local and international constituencies; and
- Develop, manage and review communications partnership programs of MILL6 with designers, public relations and/or marketing agencies and any other external media partners; and
- Manage a public relations program to maintain consistent articulation of MILL6’s public image that is consistent with its mission statement; and
- Support the Curatorial Department in developing creative marketing content for prints, digital and social media platforms to build a loyal following in MILL6’s seasonal and year-round exhibition and learning programs, and the overall presentation of MILL6’s publications; and
- Assist MILL6 team to build credibility as non-profit art and culture organization that is benchmarked to world-class museums through creative marketing, PR, digital presentation, content development and other pertinent marketing and communications activities.
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing/Communications/Mass Media or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 year working experience in marketing firms, advertising agencies and possess extensive knowledge of marketing and public relations strategies and have executed successful marketing strategies in previous job experience. High interest in arts/cultural field or relevant experience in marketing similar organizations would be highly valued.
- Exceptional communications skills (oral and writing skills) in English and Chinese.
- Competent editing and troubleshooting skills.
- Team player with proactive attitude, strong leadership and people management skills.
- Strong knowledge in digital communication and marketing strategies on social media and other digital platforms.
- Has a strong network with media representatives and external marketing professionals
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and complex projects to meet deadlines.
- Flexibility for being required to work in off hours, weekend and public holiday from time to time as deemed necessary.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Qualified candidates should email their cover letter, CV, expected salary and names of 2 references with contact information to email@example.com