Assistant Development Manager
Deadline: Wed 23 Aug, 2017
About the Post
Reporting to Co-Directors and Head of Development of MILL6 Foundation (“MILL6”), Assistant Development Manager is one of the key members of the team in the establishment of this young and growing team.
This position is responsible for assisting the Head of Development in exploring and devising dynamic and strategic local and international donation, sponsorship and fundraising initiatives, campaign and programs with and for both corporates and individuals. This role will explore possibilities and formulate strategies to engage, expand and strengthen our networks with potential and existing donors, sponsors, partners and members through studies, research and commission to engage, nurture, and expand participation.
The Assistant Development Manager will be expected to:
- Plan, coordinate and execute events, including fundraising galas, board meetings, conferences, and exclusive programs for donors and supporters; and
- Prepare sponsorship agreements and donors agreements; and
- Prepare pitch books and presentation materials to support the communication with MILL6’s sponsors and donors; and
- Maintain a donors/sponsor database and mailing list; and
- Monitor donor/sponsor correspondence and deadlines and any related deliverables that are related to sponsorship and donors programs; and
- Work with Head of Development and team members of MILL6 on both ongoing and ad-hoc projects on a case by case basis such as applications for government grants and subsidies; and
- Maintain a financial budget for development team and process any travel/expense reports required; and
- Support the Head of Development and work with other team heads of MILL6 and external partners in all aspects in implementing the MILL6 fundraising strategy.
This successful candidate will work together with leaders and collaborators, both internal and external, to develop fundraising and business development strategies consistent with the overall goals of reputation building of this young institution through curating and orchestrating internationally acclaimed programs, exhibitions and commissions, off-site projects, global partnerships, public talks, symposia and events for all ages.
The successful candidate should possess:
- A good level of knowledge of art and culture.
- Creativity and hands-on approach in customizing sponsorship programs and making pitch presentations.
- Dynamic personality with good communication and analytic skills as well as good business sense and proven ability to achieve targeted goals.
- A passion for building, fostering and maintaining relationships with members, donors and potential supporters and partners.
- Ability of a team player and be able to work with others under pressure in a flexible working schedule to achieve results.
The candidate should possess a university degree in humanities, art management, business management, marketing fields or any other relevant fields. He/She must be fluent in written English and Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin) and have superior computer skills in creating presentations, spreadsheets and word documents. A minimum of two years of working experience is required in a related field.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Qualified candidates should email their cover letter, CV, expected salary with contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.